CELEBRATING COMMUNITY ACTION MONTH 2012
Help build involvement of CAA staff and board members, as well as community supporters!
In May 2012 we celebrate National Community Action Month. As part of your organization’s plans to honor, exhibit, and promote your efforts to Make America a Better Place to Live, we invite you to join ‘HASHTAG OF PROMISE: #CommunityAction’, a united social media campaign, on May 8, 2012. Our goal that day is to expose #CommunityAction to thousands currently unaware of your amazing work, 140 characters at a time.
Before May 8th:
- If you haven’t already, sign up at www.twitter.com, THEN
- Start following fellow Community Action tweeps, THEN
- Use this quick survey to Commit to ‘Hashtag of Promise: #CommunityAction’ THEN
- Actively encourage members of your network to participate in ‘Hashtag of Promise: #CommunityAction’ on May 8th, 2012. We suggest you
- Mark the Day on your Calendar, Outlook, Smart Phone etc.
- Mention the Day, Hashtag and Link in your Email Signature
- Mention the Day, Hashtag and Link on your organization’s Facebook Page
- Mention the Day, Hashtag and Link on your Website
On May 8th:
TWEET AWAY! To be effective, it doesn’t matter how many followers you have, but instead how many individual people send unique tweets with the Hashtag, #CommunityAction.
Here are some sample tweets that you can use to start the discussion. Quote them directly or use them as inspiration. It’s always best to personalize your tweets when possible. Use slogans, outcomes, or news, but use #CommunityAction!
- The Promise of #CommunityAction is we make America a better place to live.
- Ending Poverty one Promise at a time. Celebrate #CommunityAction month with us.
- If you’ve seen one #CommunityAction agency, you’ve only seen ONE. Local solutions to local problems. Keeping the Promise.
- Helping People Help Themselves and Each Other. We’re proud to help keep the #CommunityAction Promise.
- #CommunityAction works. Learn more today.
- Embodying the Spirit of Hope everyday as we fight poverty and improve communities. #CommunityAction works. Learn how today.
THE PROMISE OF COMMUNITY ACTION
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.